- Noun is used as a subject or an object.
- Noun Clause is used as a subject. In other words, a noun clause is used in the same ways as a noun.
- Noun Clause is a clause functioning as a Noun. It has it's own subject and verb.
- Noun Clause can't stand alone as a sentence. It must be connected to an independent clause, a main clause.
- Because of it's function as a noun, the noun clause can occupy the following positions:
1. Subject of a sentence
2. Object of a transitive verb
3. Object of a preposition
5. Noun in apposition
- According to the original sentence types, Noun Clause can be classified into 4 types, namely :